View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

love2laugh...it was my Tegretol level that was 51 and it was causing terrible side effects including inability to speak without slurring or losing words, vertical double vision, equilibrium difficulties, memory difficulties etc. I had been on Tetregol for about 14 years for seizures and my neurologist would just increase my dosage when I complained of nerve pain without keeping track of my levels.

I have to take exception with your statement "I've had many levels that were above the norm range and caused no problems". Being "over the norm" was a definite problem for me and to dismiss it could be dangerous. Fortunately I have a neurologist that insisted my levels be tested and found that this drug was becoming toxic in my system, hence the neurological problems. I have read much literature on these meds and I feel that as they recommend, you should ensure that your physician is checking your levels regularly BEFORE you get into trouble and possibly some trouble that you can't back out of!
pairoftrigeminal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote