Thread: PubMed - 2006
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccglutenfree View Post
CONCLUSIONS: In laboratories where stored serum samples are available, EMA-negative samples previously found to be positive for at least 2 other CD markers should be retested for tTG antibodies.
Wow, that one is fascinating. And, come to think of it, that would apply to my four-year-old. Her first celiac test was an EMA (negative) and one of the antigliadin tests (off-the-scale positive), which made the doctor say that she didn't have celiac disease. A year and a half later, when I finally pestered her doctor into sending her to a gastroenterologist, she had transglutaminase IgA and IgG tests (and antigliadin IgA and IgG tests) that were strongly positive. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't pestered her doctor into sending her to a GI. Would the lab have eventually dug up her old blood samples and run transglutaminase testing on it the way this article says to? Man, that would be a weird phone call to receive. "Hi, remember that negative blood test on your daughter from several years ago? Well, guess what -- it wasn't so negative after all, and she may have this disease....."

-Valerie

Last edited by valeriemates; 10-06-2006 at 07:07 PM. Reason: undoing an accidental edit
valeriemates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote