View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I always enjoy your common sense and down to earth way of saying things. Simple eloquence. always enlightening and thought provoking.

Funnuy too that you picked this topic, because I was just going to pick up the phone and call my best friend.

This woman and I would seem to anybody else too different to even be friends, much less be like sisters for almost 35 years. But we're alike in the ways that count. We've been known to go years without talking - not due to a falling out, just life getting in the way - only to pick up right where we left off. And other times, we can't go a day without a call or 5 emails.

She could pick out the perfect handbag for me, and I know where she buys her bathroom ensembles, and which style and color. Our husbands don't even know these things about us.

I have a lot of other friends too, some I couldn't tell you their kids' names. That doesn't mean I don't care too much. Just that I don't know them as well yet.

All of these people bring something to my life, and I wonder what I have to offer them. But then, I look at my dog Rudy. He had a rough life. But he came to me wide open, ready to try to trust and open to love. Always by my side. Not much he can do but be there, be goofy. That's all I ask (that, and NO peeing on the floor ). And he's one of the best friends I ever had.

So if I can be half the friend my dog is... I can be there, be goofy, maybe cheer somebody up. That's all I would ask of my friends.

A simple thing like that makes the world a lot better.
AfterMyNap (02-10-2008), Jodylee (02-11-2008)