View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree, it does sound as if you're both still having seizures. I wouldn't hesitate to start taking the medication right away and try to put a stop to it as soon as possible. The quicker you get a handle on things the better.
I too have TLE (right side). Mine being caused by a brain tumor that took several years to correctly diagnose - again I was also having a lot of funny
"spells" or "episodes" as I would call them. Lots of deja vu, stomach flips, weird sensations in my eyes and smelling things that no one else could ever smell. And of course the headaches that accompanied them, who can forget that? Here I am 5 1/2 years post op after having the tumor removed and I have started having seizures again (after going 4 years without them).
Like several of you I have some additional characteristics- I have an "eye for color", have a terrible memory (strongly related to my surgery of course), I do have an ear for music however ever since my surgery that is actually where some of my seizures come from, music. Which is too bad, I love music but certain sounds or notes will provoke seizures for me. Then there's math, I have never been good at it, and I'm still not. But I'm rather skilled at writing and language skills.
I had never heard of the left handed being more dominant in e before, I am right handed as is the majority of the population, so I can't help but question the reliablility of that statement. Who knows...