View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brain, as a former mod at MSWorld I feel I need to defend myself and others there. I probably should just ignore this but just can't and if anyone feels I don't belong here let me know.

I was going to do it in a PM here but didn't want to be accused of harassment via PM so here I am out in the open.

I never read anyone's PMs over there, some of us did not have the access to do that and still don't. I would have never read them even if I could have unless there had been a complaint.

I honestly feel that PMs were not taken away because of any bad things that were said about volunteer staff, I think Kat (MSWorld president) didn't want to expose members to any solicitation or harassment. Part of this decision might have come because of the sponsors and affiliation with NMSS. There were members and staff that disagreed with her decision but I don't think she plans on keeping the PM option open too much longer.

I hope to stay away from this subject in the future but I do take exception when someone lumps all "mods" together and I guess I don't know of any of the mods that read PMs just to read them. If you have proof please PM me and let me know the proof. Otherwise I stand beside each and every "mod" that volunteered while I was a volunteer. We are human, we made mistakes but we are not the fiends you seem to want to make us out to be.

Sorry, NT, didn't mean to air dirty laundry but I wish NT members could leave MSW behind and just enjoy your friends and freedom here w/o bad mouthing others.

Thanks and I apologize if I stepped on toes and I understand if this post has to be removed.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (02-11-2008), Kitty (02-11-2008), Koala77 (02-10-2008), Kristi (02-10-2008), tamiloo (02-10-2008)