View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 2 weeks post op

Hi everyone, its been awhile since I've posted TOS was too painful to type.

It's been 2 weeks since my right rib/scalenectomy.

I've noticed the sharp shooting pain is much less, still have some though. Concerned about the amount of numbness and loss of sensation on the underside of my right arm and my upper right chest (incision above collar bone). Has anyone else had this much numbness after surgery? Doc says may be permanent, but I'm really hoping it's not.

I was really happy with my meds post op- the doctor made sure I was pain free for the most part. I'm doing OK now with Percocet, but still have some pain. Just trying to rest and keep mobility in my right arm.

How do I know if the surgery was a success?? The docs seemed really when I told them the sharp shooting pain was gone right after surgery, which was good and I thought the surgery was successful. But slowly pain is starting to come back (sharp shooting, heaviness, achy, pins and needles). It's not as much as before, but I'm worried that the pain will keep progressing and I'll be just like I was before??

How can I help my chances of success?? All the doc said was no lifting and keep mobility to prevent frozen shoulder. I think he wants me to start physio after my 6 week appointment, but I've heard mixed opinions on whether physio does more damage??

I'm wondering if anyone has some tips or things I should try - it's great to have others that have been through this or are going through it now- (even in the hospital I was the only TOS patient in the whole thoracic unit).

Michelle
Toby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote