View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I'm with you Bobbi. This is meant to be a friendly forum where we can try to help other people with neurological problems, not jump on them to show your 'superior' computer knowledge and to give your ego a boost.
Speaking for myself, I am just mentally and physically unable to get too deeply involved in computers. It can take up a huge amount of time and keyboard use, and I can't afford that. Mine works very well with Vista, and I am perfectly happy with it.
Steve,

I was so hoping that VISTA would work well (new machine with its "clean" install). Some of the VISTA features, I just love. Mostly, the probs. I've encountered, so far, and with having to replace programs, are related to graphics programs.

I've also discovered that, with VISTA, and MS IE 7, screenshots are not possible. For me, that's is a big deal. *It's a work-related need, and, so, not everyone will find that it's a setback as I have.*

Maybe I look for too much, but I also am not up to shooting down the person who bought my computer - to replace the laptop that had its floppy monitor that could not be "fixed" for less than the cost of the machine. I've not breathed a word of complaint to my friend. Nor will I. It just strikes me as: so ungrateful. So... I came here to find out if, maybe, someone has encountered similarly and knows of a class action.

Evidently, others are not so very happy with VISTA either, but for different reasons, and Curious did find a class action. I predict: in the future, more suits will follow and they will be more encompassing.

No one is looking to hurt huge MS, but to find equitable remedy.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote