View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I see Dr Ahn & Dr Reil. They did an MRI/MRA and some other electrode test to rule out carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia, etc. They used to do the rib resection and scalenctomy all at once but found that only 30% of the patients only needed both. I was the lucky one to fall into that 30%. He also said that after the compression is gone that I will be able to return to normal function. But from the threads I am reading, that doesn't sound like the case..?? I am sure glad to have found some others that are going thru this because it sure makes me "re-evaluate my mental status". Sometimes, I feel like I am asking for too much, not sure if what I am feeling is related to the TOS, or just going stir crazy. It is so difficult to figure out what is best for me. I have been off work since 12/17 and now am afraid to go back and hurt myself more but not sure how long I can be without the income. The disability insurance company doesn't sound like they want to cover this eventhough it wasn't pre-existing and I am eligible. I don't want to put my family in financial hardship either. It is a scary thing for me to be at this point in my life. I have to have more faith and be blessed that I am not as worse off as others...just hard to be positive right now. Thank you for listening, it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
emtnlover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tshadow (02-17-2008)