View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey all

I've been glued to CNN for the last week. and I'm not even an American!This is great fun watching Hillary and Barack counting out their delegates. Some stuff I don't get... I think I understand what a Primary is, but what happens at a caucus? In Canada they declare an election, everyone bad mouths each other then the populace goes out and votes on the appointed day and Bingo!...we have a new Prime Minister. No one votes for the primeminister per say, but rather for the party representative in their neighbourhood that they want to represent them in Ottawa. There are usually6-10 names on the ballot, including the "Green Party" The Marajuana Party and a few independants. If we don't elect a majority govt then we could have another election in less than a year. Splitting the vote (aka divide and conquer) is really not a good thing. I like the two party system, and it works well if at least one of the parties is competant. Not always the case. I could go on but I have to get back to my CNN coverage. My guess is I'm hanging out with a bunch of democrats in this forum -say what?