View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been on Lamictal for 5 years now with no major problems (currently on 500 mg/ day ).... They key is to titrate onto it VERY slowely; and depending on whether or not you are on other meds, it often takes months to get to your goal dose (it took me 5.5 months to get to my original goal dose due to other meds I was on). I had a very tough titration onto it with a lot of nasty side effects, but most of them subsided and I am really glad I stuck with it....

Also, remember, and I say this as an FYI-- not to scare you, is that during the titration onto it, occasionally people will have an increase in seizures for the first several days after each increase. However, the increase seuizures only lasts very short time and subsides within a few days.... This happend to me, and while frustrating, I got through it and the increased seizures only lasted a short time....

Some common side effects of Lamictal are insomnia and acne. I haven't experienced a lot of insomnia, but defintely experience the acne, lol. I have some other side effects, but they are more due to the combination of all the meds I am on, vs soley the Lamictal.

Good Luck !
L2L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
babyjayne (02-12-2008)