Thread: Whats Next....
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

One of the things that we always said in limbo check ins was to not think it had to be ms - it could be anything. Right? Well it serves all of us to check in any direction that may yield answers - even if they are answers we may not care to hear.

You are brave, looking in places a lot of folks shy away from. Why this is a scary issue, who knows. But it is. Ms is scary too, so are a lot of things. But good for you, turning over every stone.

I saw a psych just to see if some or all of my problems were *in my head* too. Best thing I ever did. My head was pretty messed up at that time and I didn't hold any of that back. He assured me I had a right to be afraid, depressed (about what was going on) mad, etc. And he did not think my sx were due to my mental state at all.

(I kind of figured that. I'd been in a normal state of mind until I got sick)

If anything, he said, my mental state had been made far worse by my (then) drs who were blowing off what I was telling them and not taking me seriously.

His validation made a world of diff for me.

It helped me gain a better attitude, which in turn helped calm down my sx. Stress is bad for any health problems, and my emotional upset, egged on by my docs was not helping anyhthing.

The way I thought about my pain was not helping either, and adopting a different mentality toward that further enhanced my quality of life. I still have pain, it gets worse all the time, but I don't wrap emotions around it now.

Good luck with all of this. With the right DR, it's a good idea for about anybody.
sugarboo (02-12-2008)