View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile What my GP said today...

Well, today I went to my appt. with my GP and brought him my list of symptoms and current medications. We talked briefly about some of the problems I have been having and he said he is almost sure that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. He is sending me to a rheumatologist for further testing because he said there is definitely something else going on. I may also have to see an endocrinologist and surely my GYN. So the wheels are in motion. Oh and he put me on Bactrium (orally) and Spirolactone (a different kind of diuretic than Lasix) and he told me to just take the Lasix when the swelling gets too bad. He also put me back on Atenolol 50 mg for the tachycardia. (b/p was 130/86) He didn't run any test but like I said he is referring me to a rheumatologist who will do all that. I asked him if the Simvastatin could be causing me the pain and he said most probably not cause I have been on it for about a year and the pain just started about two mths ago.
I am so ready to start feeling better. The pain and fatigue has become very debilitating. I can nolonger make a fist because of the stiffness. I can hardly fold a batch of clothes without my arms giving out. 'This' whatever it is, has limited my activities of daily living very much so. It is very depressing being 31 yrs old and feeling 80. I have been watching Joyce Meyers every morning to try and lift my spirits. I am a mother and a wife and I need to be healthy and strong for them.
Also, I forgot to mention another symptom that I have been having for about 4-5 yrs. My fingernails curve under. I keep them cut so noone sees. It is quite unattractive. I didn't think that was important but I happened to come accross something online that mentioned curved fingernails. Has anyone heard of anything that this might be a sign of?

Well, I look forward to hearing from all of you soon. I will keep you updated.

Happy Early Valentine's Day!!!
Blondie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote