View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey terry.

i really hope jesse benefits from the program

i currently have rsd in all 4 limbs (started in ball of right foot), my entire backside (head to toe), sides, so its pretty widespread. i started the program w/ rsd in both arms and from knees down but it spread whhile at pt.

right now for the rsd, i am seeing a pain management dr. he is really nice and respects my decisions. i am also seeing a dr for my blood pressure. i see lots of other drs every so often. i started lyrica a few weeks ago. since taking it, less flare ups but more severe. im on sleep medsalthogh they really dont work well... i am starting pt again in a few days. the lady seems nice. she said she is taking it nice and easy and will stop if it becomes too much. i have tried acupuncture........did not go very well....at all.

so far, i havent really found anything that has really helped my rsd. i do find it helpful to let my teachers know whats going on. they help me out a lot. one lets me lay on his couch during class , one is really good at telling if in having a bad day (she is a nurse, teaches health science technology) and will let me lay my head down and stuff, onewalked me to the nurse today in the middle of class. i hope your son has understanding teachers. that really helps. i do try to go to school as much as i can. i went homebound last year and HATED it. haha, try having ur spanish teacher offer to teach you all ur classes and not speak english very well. but being w/ my friends at school helps out. but sometimes school can be hard to tolerate. you have to know when its too much and when to take off a day or two.

right now, the only suggestion i have is if you dont already have one, try to find a pain management dr that your son trusts. if he doesnt like the dr, then much wont get accomplished.

good luck to both you and your son. i hope you have success in dr sherrys program. feel free to keep in contact.

nikki

by the way, for rsd in jesse's stomach, how do they do pt with that?
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote