View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default parent issues

Hi,
In July, I visited them with hubby for 3 nights after not seeing them for 18 months. The visit was horrible....so horrible that I cannot go back to visit.

I realized again last night that they can't deal with my health issues and won't ever deal with them. They don't want to make accomodations or acknowledgments for themselves or anyone else. Even small things like buying soy milk for hubby's breakfast bugged them because they "have food in the house." And this is not true because mom is anorexic and keeps no food in the house --- except for the big freezer which holds some things that Dad caught while hunting.....

My hypnotherapist left a message today. She wants us to start back on another round of visits. Maybe I should return her call. The therapist asks me things like "what are you supposed to learn from this." I have to see my pdoc and my gyn first -- only so many ways to fit in drs during a work week. Oh and the dentist has been out of town so he canceled a check up I had a few weeks ago.

My mother knew she did not have cancer well before the surgery. And if she had spoken to anyone in the world besides the small town surgeon and her husband, she might not have chosen to have everything removed: less recovery time, less pain, and less money for the surgeon. This is the part that makes my sis the most angry. I told her that she will have to let this go. She also worries about how she will take care of them in the future if they don't like to communicate.

Mom seems to be recovering well. Thank you.