View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Being from the old school for some things is good, keeping some health matters private is understandable, my daughters keep thiers from me and I from them. They know if I find they are sick I will be there in less than 3 hours and they do the same. My mother is so old school she used to believe the doctors and staff were always right, boy has she been fooled, now my sister or I go on all her appointments and ask questions. We have learned to be sure to hand carry all charts and xrays and get a reciept for them. This only helps, it doesn't stop them from being incompetent, recently she was told the night before she must have blood work for a test that was to be held the next morning, of course the results wouldn't be ready. She has been given the wrong results,the wrong medicine and because she is elderly, people act like she is not there and incapable of making any of her own decisions and she can. If you can possibly do, keep relatives out of nursing homes, and plan on being there until they are sent home.