View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
This is the end of week one and so far no change. I'm continuing the experiment
until the end of March. I'm designing a new head band (holds LEDs in place) to cover a larger area.

I've estimated that the power from each LED is 10mwatt/cm2 which should be enough to cause some kind of response. What I don't know is how important the wavelength (1072 vs 940nm) is.

Hope I have better news at the end of the experiment.

Cheers all

Al
Artman i MUST point out after checking a detailed article on using infra red leds you MUST either use it in the dark or block out ambient light using a helmet which is dark on the inside.

I saw the paper last week but forgot to mention it here and cant remember the url but i think got it by typing 1072 nm leds in google...

Ambient light MUST be excluded for those 10 minutes when using th infra red light.

A possible crude analogy might be developing photographic film in a dark room using red light but also having turning on normal light bulb on as well,the film developing will be ruined...

if you look at the picture of the helmet you will see it black inside also to prevent REFLECTED infra red light also from interfering with the infra red light emitted from the leds.Otherwise you could easily double the infra red intensity by silvering the inside of the helmet.

Could you give more information as to how the leds were used in the first week regarding position and also if ambient light was excluded or not...
esecallum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote