View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellelee2000 View Post
Has everyone had a baseline mri before starting Ty? I've never had a T-spine mri. My neuro wrote a scrip for one a week ago and I'm still waiting for authorization from my da** insurance company.

I won't be able to have the mri until after my first infusion. It's tomorrow, the 13th.

Also, do the infusion centers have benadryl, etc. on hand in case you have a reaction?

My neuro told me that it wasn't necessary for me to premedicate unless I have a reaction to the first infusion.

Thanks ahead of time!
I'd never had a spinal MRI. I hadn't had a brain MRI since Oct. 2005. I had Brain, C-spine and T-spine in April 2007 for baseline before Tysabri. That got me a course of oral steroids ( I was on my way to S.C. for my godson's graduation. Nothing like 60 pills a day when all you want to do is have fun!) I wasn't missing my plane for IVSM! It must have been a nasty picture for the doc to send me off with that huge bottle of pills!

As for having antihistamines on hand...is your infusion center at a hospital or medical center? I would hazard a guess that they would have a crash cart on hand and qualified medical personnel immediately available. I would think any infusion center would, due to the possibility of a reaction to whatever they infuse there.

I have no experience with infusions in a Dr's office. My infusion center is part of a health center/hospital. They do infusions for everyone, cancer, Crohn's, MS, etc. I can see the crash cart from my seat in my room.

I have never premedicated with anything and I have never had a reaction.

I would ask the infusion center staff what their protocol is if someone has a reaction. More than likely they will ask you if you have any questions beforehand anyway. Write your questions down beforehand so you remember them!

For today? TRY to relax and just take it one day at a time! More than likely things will be fine tomorrow!

We'll be looking for you tomorrow for the full report!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!