View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Keri!

You did exactly what you needed to do. Come here and let it out.

That MS doesn't have me phrase is so trite. That's one of my pet peeves is people who give trite answers to some very difficult questions.

I was dx'd over 5 years ago. The first two years for me was very hard. But I've learned a lot of things. I've learned things about me and things about other people, friends, friends I thought were friends and family.

Some things were good...and some were bad.

Here is something I've learned and it's not a trite answer. It's a realistic answer. MS has taught me that control is an illusion. The only control we have is our response to people and situations.

Other people, healthy people, have the luxury of living in that illusion. But that's been stripped away from you now. You're left bare and exposed. You have a different reality now. This reality requires someone that is not necessarily always strong or courageous but someone who can roll with the punches.

Other people, healthy people, can make plans to do such and such on such and such date. All our plans are tentative. Depending on how we feel.

You are going to learn how to adjust to this new reality. The illusion has been stripped away from you. I compare it to the Matrix. When Keanu Reeves swallowed the red pill. Go rent the Matrix and watch it. You'll see it in a totally new light now.

In the Matrix they fought with their mind...not with their body.

We're all here for you. This is a great community. Please PM me anytime.

HUGS AND KISSES

Kim
FinLady (02-12-2008), GladysD (02-13-2008), PolarExpress (02-12-2008)