View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguins View Post
Did any of you currently on Tysabri have difficulty starting the process? Just trying to assess how much of a battle I may be in store for ahead of me. I'm hoping it is smooth sailing. So far is has been easy. Blue Shield rapidly approved the MRI (same day) and the home health nurse for the IVSM and the Copaxone right away. With the tysabri I have no idea what I might be up against....not that it's gonna stop me. I imagine my roots will come out - I may have been out of NY for many years...but you know what they say - you can take the girl out NY - but the ***** never leaves her. LOL - kidding - but when it comes to my health - I will have no qualms about crossing the line between between being assertive and aggressive to get the treatment I need. In the meantime - the FDA best not be thinking bout pulling Tysabri from the market. I will be crushed.

Also, how long did it take to get started from when you told the doctor you wanted to start to when you actually did start?

thanks for the info,

~Keri
Hi Keri,

Getting treatment with Tysabri is a whole lot easier now than it used to be. Dr. prescribes Tysabri, you sign paperwork, paperwork is faxed to MSActiveSource, they call you and the ball is rolling.

It took a month for me, it may be faster now. ( that's not counting the wait from March 2005 to May 2007 when I was finally infused!!)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!!

( Don't EVEN mention FDA and pull in the same sentence!! There would be a whole LOT of crushing going on and it would be the doors at the FDA by Tysabri users!!!)

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!