View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

(((Keri)))

I'm glad you found this place - not glad for the reason but you will find tons of support here - and lots of wonderful people. They'll even make you laugh when you think you can't!

I was sort of blindsided by my dx, too. I had double vision which seemed to get worse and worse until I was totally disabled by it. It took a couple of weeks but I finally got the MRI and that showed without a doubt that it was MS. I was relieved, though, because I had done a lot of research on the Internet and found all sorts of worse things - so, in a sense, I was relieved by my dx (I know, sounds crazy).

It's easy to get overwhelmed at first - so many questions, all kinds of new things being introduced, becoming hyper-sensitive to any new symptom or feeling. It gets better - it really does - and you will learn what your new "normal" is and adapt to it. I didn't think I would but you do. It's amazing what our minds can adapt to.

This site is full of wonderful resources and people who are so gracious, helpful and compassionate. I truly hope you continue to post here and get to know everyone. You're not alone - even though sometimes I'm sure it feels that way - and there is always someone here who can relate to whatever you're experiencing on any given day.

Take care - and keep posting!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote