View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
I'd never had a spinal MRI. I hadn't had a brain MRI since Oct. 2005. I had Brain, C-spine and T-spine in April 2007 for baseline before Tysabri. That got me a course of oral steroids ( I was on my way to S.C. for my godson's graduation. Nothing like 60 pills a day when all you want to do is have fun!) I wasn't missing my plane for IVSM! It must have been a nasty picture for the doc to send me off with that huge bottle of pills!

As for having antihistamines on hand...is your infusion center at a hospital or medical center? I would hazard a guess that they would have a crash cart on hand and qualified medical personnel immediately available. I would think any infusion center would, due to the possibility of a reaction to whatever they infuse there.

I have no experience with infusions in a Dr's office. My infusion center is part of a health center/hospital. They do infusions for everyone, cancer, Crohn's, MS, etc. I can see the crash cart from my seat in my room.

I have never premedicated with anything and I have never had a reaction.

I would ask the infusion center staff what their protocol is if someone has a reaction. More than likely they will ask you if you have any questions beforehand anyway. Write your questions down beforehand so you remember them!

For today? TRY to relax and just take it one day at a time! More than likely things will be fine tomorrow!

We'll be looking for you tomorrow for the full report!
Thanks RW! I'm having my infusion at the doctor's office. I will have a list of questions in hand, LOL, as usual.

Can't relax RW. Not about the Ty. My mom is waiting for biopsy results on a gigantic "mass" behind her heart (she's supposed to have them back tomorrow) and I live 1000 miles away from her. As soon as I get the Ty and mri stuff behind me I will be on a plane going to Pittsburgh.

I have to make sure I have the strength to handle this. I'm a tough "broad" !

Whether it is cancerous or not, she has to have it removed, shrunk or something. It is in a very bad location. Lot's of pain.

Wish me luck! Please send some good thoughts my way. I really don't need to have any problems with the infusion right now.