Thread: Weird symptoms.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Yes a podiatrist is a very good

first stop! It was my own Pod. who thot the neuro that first treated me wasn't up on what even HE was seeing! Saved my life...
Also, IF you've broken a sesamoid...I have experienced both orthopod and Podiatrist interventions...The Pod. was a] far more knowledgable about the foot and what to do/or not and b] could wrap up that afflicted foot ten times better!
I learned the hard way that the anti-seizure meds such as neurontin Lyrica and all are notorious calcium depleters...therefore we are more prone to easy fractures. More so for those who are post-menopause, and thus calcium supplements are critical to trying to keep 'whole'.
Remember also, that fractures, per-se, do not show up on x-rays UNTIL calcium starts to replace and heal any gaps. Breaks are a different thing tho, and are more clear cut usually.
BOO to having to break in a new doctor? Sigh?!!!!!
As for the new 'sensations'? Is it where you already have some signs of PN? If so, please play your mind to believe these are signs of healing! They feel just the same only less well, coordinated? The healing [which I mite just be experiencing myself] is less organized than the destructions, but it too is freaky-TOTALLY FREAKY! Whatever I feel in the way of changes, I attribute to healing...less is known about this part...and probably will always be that way.
Oh Mrs D? Those toe-nails are a total PAIN! I've got ingrowns that the docs refuse to cut out...fear of infection and all, and when they act up, they do make themselves known!

Hugs Jarratt and all others!!!!!!!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote