View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default One way to avoid the loss of light

I'm sure that many of you may not wish to shave little areas of hair to expose these areas to LED light. What you might try is putting a lens on the LEDs. Some of the LED companies like Maurbeni have lens which can be placed on the LED to improve it's intensity. It's analagous to focusing the light through a magnifying glass. Just a thought for an alternative method. Naturally the area of the skull that you wish to expose for Parkinson's has the most hair, so you might have to shave a small spot for LED application.

You don't have to get fancy on the material to make the area dark. You could probably make something cheap out of black material to cover the LED and scalp region, and sit in a dark room while doing the treatment. Remember to cover your eyes during the treatment.

All healing takes time. If you were severely injured and had to take physical therapy, it often took months to get back "some" function. I know, I've been through that process.

The article claims some rather astounding results, so I'm a bit wary. Even with that reservation, if it does manage to foster new neuron growth, the brain might take time to rewire interconnections (the dendrites between neurons). In the case of Parkinson's, not only would the neurons have to rergow, but also produce the amounts of dopamine that you would need to properly function.

Please continue all of your pharmacalogical treatments and normal medical care while using this alternative medical procedure. If you noticed that you need less Sinemet after trying this for several months, wouldn't that be interesting in itself?

In the end, we'll need extensive clinical studies, and PETs and MRIs post-treatment in order to show evidence of efficacy.
Nakandakari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote