View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OMG Julie, I so get that exact same tingling feeling before a BM. I have alternating IBS, constipation and the thebig D and I go like 5 times in one day.

Neurot Doc explained the tingling as your brain signaling the bowel to start contracting to have the BM. And because I have such exaggerated sensitive nerves I feel this more than other. THere are tons of nerves in your bowel, pelvic region more than anythere else and they lie in very close proximity to each other.

Atleast thats what he told me. I try not to worry about it (esp since I have so much more to worry about) since he said its just messaging going on in my body. Plus I have had a thorough check up in that region and nothing shows up. Just oversensitive nervous system.

OK now you really got me thinking. When I saw that we feel the same thing I did a google on sensitive nerves and overactive nerves and came across a page on Overactive Nerves May Account For "Ringing In The Ears",
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/93655.php

I don't know if you have this but it got me thinking more about the sensitive/overactive nerves in general and found something close to what you were telling me about. Patients with irritable bowel syndrome have abnormalities of a nervous system that serves their stomach and intestines, so they are saying the IBS may be cause by the abnormal nerves.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...c=health&spon=

Well I need to leave the house now so I'm not able to finish this post right now but I see links in this sensitive nerves/overactive nerve thing.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote