View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Needs help with type II Diabetes~

I need help with diet. I have had diabetes several years and didn't have trouble with my A1c till recently. I don't like the things on the diet. I hate chicken or anything that ever had a feather on it, nor do I like eggs or fish. I can eat very small amounts of them, just not every week. Since I live where it is cold in the winter, I can't seem to exercise, there for, I have gained weight this winter. I will be having my A1c test at the end of the month and I just know it will be high. It was 7.0 the last time and I was warned to bring it down by walking. I have walked some in decent weather. Now with snow and ice, I can't.

I do have a stationary bike and don't use it like I should. I have leg spasms if I walk very long and don't know what to do about that. My husband passed away about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I am dealing with depression too. I have been on three kinds of pills for the diabetes & am now on Actos. The others done nothing for me. I am kinda afraid doc will put me on insulin. I am always thirsty, weak, tired, and hungry. Does anyone have any ideas of food that might help me? I just know I can't keep going on like this. thanks for the help.
Fancylady

She who hides nothing, has nothing to hide~
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote