Thread: MRI results
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Allison, As far as epidaural it could take up to 3 and rarely 4 times. Mine did not work until the 3rd time and it lasted about 5 or 6 years. 6 months would have been exceptional, so go through the series before counting it out. Also, if you look up minimally invasive spine surgery on google and do some research you will find some interesting information as I just did that. The Laser Spine Institute in Florida, Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh, Pa. (I have an appointment April 2), and other pain treatment centers can provide options and information to seek out in your area.
Also, look up IDET and EDET procedures. Your surgeon will most likely not tell you about these options and it is rare to find a good Pain Management Doctor that is on the cutting edge. I had to find this all out the hard way after my surgeon and other doctors let me down and put their bank account over my health. Don't get me wrong, not all doctors are like that and I have found a few that are great and helpful. Dr. Kang in Pittsburgh, Pa. is highly reguarded in the surgical arena and I have already met with him.

Get other oppinions and seek out options. They are out there and maybe one will be right for you. Also, I got a new TENS/EMS machine called a twin stim and it is fantastic and provides with me with much needed relief and therapy while I am fighting this pain. I know what it is like to feel like you are out their alone, but doing some research and going after it is a good step.

Good Luck
df847455 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (02-16-2008)