View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all, I think I've taken on a much bigger task than I can do at this time, but don't want to upset my new friend. She lost her entire family to suicide and illness within a 3 year period. All of their personals were brought to her tiny condo and have literally taken over her entire domain for the last 4 years. I talked her into a storage unit until she could go through it in her own time and decided to devote my days to going through the stuff to lessen her pain. Today, I came across a box that was labled "mom's stuff". I called her to ask if she would rather go through it for sentimentality reasons. She informed me that it may be things smeared with blood and brain matter. OMG I felt so awful for my friend and told her I'd take it to the storage unit.

Today she told me that I saved her life! She has seriously thought of suicide because she just couldn't take it anymore and didn't know where to begin. This is a single mother with two children working full time and going to school at night. She is overwhelmed.

I have put all my things needing attention away to try and help out someone in less fortunate circumstances. I think I've taken on too much, but need to to occupy my time. I really hope that I can get through her stuff soon and help her proceed with life for her two children and then maybe I can cope with my husbands stuff and going through it. He has been deceased now 4 months and all his things sit in my garage.

His brother also called me today to set up a time where we can catch up.

I look forward to sunshine here in dreary Portland Oregon. I feel as if it's been winter FOREVER!
nohope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-13-2008), Doody (02-13-2008)