View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Keri, bless your heart. We have all felt overwhelmed by this disease at somepoint or somepoints. You are NOT alone here. You will make some board buddy friends.

Being in bed is the PITS. I had an exacerbation that totally wiped me out last year - in the bed, not able to care for myself....my spirit left me.

I had to find it again. And a year later I'm happy to say that I'm self sufficient again...

I found comfort in reading facts about the disease and reading some uplifting stories written by MSers...I also loved and still do to read comedy....Find the book - Coffee in My Cereal by Lorna Moorehead...it is about her first 5 years with MS and it is really funny...

I'd encourage you to look for a MS support group in your area. If you need to invite a friend to go with you and drive you there. You will hopefully find some people there that you connect with.

Slow down....chose ONE chore that you need help with....and ask for help with that. Chose one symptom that is driving you batty and ask the doc to help with that symptom....take it one day at a time. one hour at a time.

One thing that shocked the pants off of me was to learn I wasn't in control of anything. WOW....I really thought if I do this and this than I can do that....MS will knock you for a loop everytime you think this way!

Take care, and do reach out to us. We are here.

Peace.
the Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote