View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
This pic sent me right to a search engine. There I discovered that the Texas Bluebonnet is a lupine! So now I have a question. Is it a plant that grows tall of does it stay low to the ground?

The reason I am asking is we have lupines here in Maine and ours are giants! Here I thought a Bluebonnet was a pretty little flower that looked...well...like a bonnet! Now I find the romantic vision in my head is a lupine!!

Either way...BEAUTIFUL pic and so evocative of summer for us Mainahs! Ours come in blue and pink and white and purple and they are everywhere, usually about two feet tall or more and very showy.

(P.S. Working here, 1:30 a.m eastern...and it is SNOWING and freezing cold! I am soooooooooooo ready for spring! )

Sorry to hear about the snow and cold. It's cool here too...47 lol Glad you liked the picture. What I found about the Bluebonnet is that they grow about 1 to 2 feet tall and are not found naturally anywhere else but in Texas. There are some new colors, red (more of a pinkish) and white now but I haven't seen them yet.

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote