View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If the "bone from the hip" is scaring you, then why don't you ask about a cadaver bone? My own NS prefers NOT to take bone from the hip. I have had a cadaver bone instead for both fusions and I did well. My concern and I could be wrong, that with all the levels that are involved and having the minimally invasive surgery would set you up for more instability. It SOUNDS like, from what you have said in other posts, that it is a foraminotomy. And to have that many levels done would frighten me. I would lean more towards what your Dr. Kang has said. Just my own opinion though. I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter what; I would go more for STABILITY rather than worrying too much about what TYPE of surgery. If your neck is as arthritic as you and your doctor have said; then roto rootering out the bone spurs, etc., might NOT be the appropriate course of action. Anyway, get the second opinion but I would proceed very cautiously. You wouldn't want to have all that work done only to find out later that you need fusions.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote