Thread: 5-htp?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink not yet...

take the tryptophan with your regular meds at first. See what happens.

I don't take drugs (except for blood pressure and Singulair for asthma sometimes) so I could really feel the difference.

Take it for a few days in a row, and see if you get morning hangover.

Ambien is habit forming I have found in my practice, with people having trouble getting off of it. It has some obscure actions in the brain (you know they are using it to wake up coma people) that are not understood fully. But it works on some neurotransmitters, and as such these drugs change you somewhat and are hard to taper off.

http://insomnia.emedtv.com/ambien/am...ithdrawal.html

The tryptophan MAY help you with the early morning wakening dose however.
But see what happens first and don't change anything. If in the future you go off of it...that needs doctor supervision.

You pick the sweet you want... just avoid protein containing things.
Just a little is all that is needed.

Keep me in the loop... I am curious how it goes for you. You need some help with pain...and maybe this is it?

Use the B6 if you don't get any response from the tryptophan. There may be enough in the multi.
You do not need to be afraid of B6... as P5P it does not have the same potential. I see that iherb just
lowered its shipping! I only paid 2.90 yesterday for my refills! Remember too low B6 also leads to neuropathies.
It does that on both ends of the spectrum of dosing.

I'd start with 500mg at bedtime. If after a week you see no response increase to 1000mg at bedtime.
It takes time to wake up enzyme systems to start rolling again. So the effects are not sudden like drugs
are.

Yes, I am working on a styrofoam cube, the top is amethyst crystals with clear Arkansas quartz. I am waiting
for some raw material from Ebay (I bought some amethyst tumbled small stones) I keep getting outbid by aggressive people. I think I will do the sides in agate this time, since I have alot of agate
to work with. It is very dramatic so far..I'll post it when finished, which may be as long as a month the
way I am going. I bought 30lbs of discarded quartz scrap on Ebay, which was filled with small crystals, just
the size I needed. It has taken about 2 weeks to clean them up and sort into Ziplocs. Beautiful things, they are.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 02-13-2008 at 09:30 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote