Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancylady_2006 View Post
I am taking notes on all this, but may need to ask my Dr., for I am on 8 scripts. Thanks Shelley.
The ACCORD study just found an increased death rate in forcing diabetics below A1c of 7. The new target is 7 to 7.5 for safety.

Other things that will bring down blood sugar are:
R-lipoic acid (very strong-- can interfere with meds)
and Chromium supplements. You need at least 400mcg of this.

Cinnamon works too. You have to take at least 2 grams or more a day however.

What really affects A1c values is the spike of blood sugar after meals. So keeping meals small, with low glycemic carbs helps.
You can use Tinkyada brown rice pasta to help with pasta issues. This is much better for blood sugar than regular pasta. And keep the servings small.

Any supplement you try, you have to be very careful, and not go into a hypoglycemic state. The R-lipoic acid is very strong, so monitor your blood sugar and tell your doctor you are going to do it. I would start at 50mg a day in the morning only.
Alpha lipoic acid is the same only less potent, weaker.
Here is an article on it:
http://www.raysahelian.com/lipoic.html

The r-lipoic is the active form found in Alpha lipoic acid and is really strong.
I am using 100mg a day in the morning, for my neuropathy. I noticed a very obvious change in hunger, (reduced) and blood sugar during the day. Mine has been creeping up unfortunately, but now the r-lipoic has changed that.
iherb.com has many to choose from, that are very affordable.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fancylady_2006 (02-13-2008)