Thread: Calling in Sick
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
It gives those of you who are fortunate enough to live south of a line thru Chicago an idea how exponentially worse it gets with each 50 mile north increment....I don't know why it works that way. In the mountains it seems to be every 1,000 feet up you get to a whole new climate range..... Now I would not do well with earthquakes, nor week after week of over 100 degree temps either, so no region has the corner on crummy climate...everybody seems to suffer at one time of the year or another.

Here's a nice note for you. Last nite, I gor a phone call from a freind who retired about a year ago. He lives in Honduras, now. A little place called Roatan. I'm not sure if its on a map. He asked what the temp was, I said 29. He said they were going thru a cold spell, too. A bit of rain and 83, water temp 86, trade winds fair. He's going scuba diving tomorrow. They have a 45' center cockpit motor sailer and take vacationers out for a week at a time. He also helps manage a beach side hotel. I'm jealous. A cold spell at 83 degrees !! I could throttle him.