View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
Wow, our crocuses are still covered by a layer of snow and ice. I'm afraid if I uncovered them, the next blizzard will freeze the life out of the poor little things!

I can't wait for spring to come! Maybe we all need to start posting pictures of flowers and blooming trees and shrubs!

BTW, the rabbits have gone hogwild with my little lilac bush in the backyard. Every time it snows, you can see their fresh trail out there and a well-trodden path surrounding the shrinking shrub. I doubt I'll ever get blooms again if we don't do something about our evergrowing rabbit population out in the yard.

I'm thinking about having the deck removed and replacing with a brick patio since they live underneath. Also, I'm going to trim the bottom branches of all the evergreens they use for shelter. I think this might have some effect on their growth. The blasted wabbits!

Our surrounding neighbors all have dogs, so that might limit their nesting abilities somewhat.
The rabbits don't bother my bulbs. I have to grow the lettuce in pots though, cuz I know they'd eat that. But you wanna get rid of em, let cats in the yard. There are cats in any neighborhood.

And I think you're right about the crocus - you're supposed to leave the snow on them, and they'll bloom right through it. I meant I raked the leaves and debris off mine.

Last edited by braingonebad; 02-13-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typing as usual - probably still isn't right, lol.
braingonebad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote