View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

keri, welcome to the poker game. I too am on Copaxone, and its quite stressful to just be sick, let alone be sick and alone. There are support groups in almost every corner of every state. Going to one of those might help you unlock some local resources.

I think because this is so new, and you are currently MID flare and really feel like crap on a stick, that makes it even harder to deal with. hopefully with some time, treatment, education, and support, you will begin to adjust to having this monster in your life.

I too was sort of blindsided. while i had some sx through the years, I would have NEVER guessed MS..NEVER!

I pray you find some strength to pull yourself through the next few weeks as your body begins to heal, and adjust. Please EDUCATE yourself. Check out Tysabri, Check out steriods. Check out better diets, and learn about stress control. yeah! funny, be told you have a major life altering disease, and then be told to practice stress control. ha! As you begin to come to the other side of this flare, you WILL start to feel better! you will start to adjust, and you WILL see that many of us have walked a mile or two in your shoes and are here and at the ready should you need to vent.

please go to the NAtional MS society web page. Ask for the newly diagnosed package. its AMAZING! and so are they. Read from credible sources. dont read every MS web site you see. Some will just want to sell you funny juice, or crazy pills, or bee stings. Even after some learned that i have ANAPHALAXIS to bee stings, they still wanted me to try their products! what nut jobs! Try to go to places that are even tempered and will show you BOTH sides of the fence.

Good luck to you, and please let us know how you are doing...you are NOT alone, not now, not ever. we are all right here!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (02-14-2008)