View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Caution

They are both processed by the liver (as is requip) which could pose problems. It might be best to rely on the honey-lemon hot toddy approach and experiment later.

Something I discovered last week- About 20% of us are "slow" metabolizers of dex and whereas normal folks clear out half a dose in two hours it might take 24 for us. If we keep taking it like normals then we rapidly build up problematic levels.

The effect in my case was that with just an eighth of a teaspoon I felt a mild but pleasent high the first day and repeated the dose at night. The second day symptoms flared up and by third day it was undeniable.

What tipped me off was that first day high. I should not have experienced that at that low dosage. Dex works in part by shielding a class of receptors called the NMDA receptors. It does this by occupying them momentarily thus blocking glutamine which would have locked on to them for keeps. But because my dosage had not been adjusted to my "slowness" the dex was having a similar effect since there was a lot of competition for the receptors. So, once I get past my mucuna trial,I'm going to try again and literally wet my fingertip and lick it.

Which brings up the question RLSmi (I think) had about the similar action of naloxene and the incredibly tiny dosing used. Is it possible that its effectiveness is a cumulative effect similar to this?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rd42 (02-13-2008)