View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd42 View Post
I have a cold and would like to try Dextromethorphan but I'm on Azilect. Has anyone tried this, it's not recommended but then again the drug interactions of Azilect are mostly based on MAOI-Type A and not type B.(I think I read that some where)

Either way I cold use some cold medication, any recommendations?
Some cold medications contain Dextromethorphan in them..I believe that the Sudafed cold gell caps have DM in them..You have to check the ingredients of all cold medications for DM..I take a therapudic dose of DM in hopes of neuro protection, and I check all cold meds for DM as to not interfere with the recommended therapudic neuro protective daily DM dosage

I dont know what to say about DM and Azelict except that if DM use is not recommended while taking Azelict, then you probably shouldnt use it, especially when you take into consideration that you are taking DM to treat cold symptoms, which requires higher, but recommended doses, as opposed to much lower neuro protective recommended doses
rd42 (02-13-2008)