Thread: Calling in Sick
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you all well wishers, but I never stay down for long.....heh, heh. It wasn't the fumes...it was me...I am not 'right'.

Sorry about the book covers Billye....can't help it....I am a bad dog.

And yes, let's blame Glenn...it was all his idea...the wolves were his idea... so was the tongue and the mailbox... Which incidentally I decided against, as I thought the EMS might get mad given all the snow and stuff...didn't want them to call out the plow first... which on occassion they have to do...I figured if the plow came first, the mailbox would be gone, and I would be with all the other roadkill, down the road, in the neighbor's driveway...along with empty bottles of our 'official state beverage'....and my neighbor would be out there looking to see if there was anything left in the bottles.

(It's ok Glenn....I won't hold any of this against you.)

This kind of 'episode' has been happening for 20 years or so....any repetitive motion brings this on....if I have no 'good stuff' at home I have to hit the ER...or if it lasts 3 days, I have to go to the ER because I dehydrate. I don't throw up, I erupt. I can hit a target 10 feet away. I am the artillery of vomitting.

If I go to the ER, they always give me that little basin and I say, "You have got to be kidding, bring me the tub thing, that stack of paper towels, and 'CLEAR'." For a week afterwards I have a 6 pack....my abs...LOL. Of course, I can't move I am so sore.

I could hit a target 10 feet away....I aim for the smiley faced pain scale....number '10' in English 'Worst Pain Ever'....in Spanish, something about 'dolor'...anyway, the red faced guy that looks distressed, I aim for him.

They come running back with the 'anti-emetic' while some poor nurse stands downwind and tries to get an IV in....After they get the anti-puke drug in I get the good stuff....see, no one wants to clean up the track to Mr. Smiley face pain scale. ( I don't blame them---once I got this after having chile)

They started me on Baclofen (oral-obvioulsy)....so far so good....amazing how it takes down the spasms....even my feet ones, which have nothing to do with painting...I am good, but not that good.

Baclofen working on this, is interesting and perhaps a bit diagnostic. However, Baclofen does enhance other meds, so, right now, even Darvon makes me loopy....gotta watch what I take and when...it is wearing off a bit, now, so, I suppose I will have to take something substantial before tonight.

As far as fragile, Billye, 'Fragile' is in my china cabinet, and just sits there looking pretty. I am 'cute', but my looks won't carry me far anymore...add my medical problems and I don't think I would have a dating pool if I were ever single. One look in the linen closet and if the guy didn't run, he would be a keeper....or else kinky.....well, luckily, I am not in the dating pool....I could fool the unsuspecting fella....not many folks with what ever in the heck I got, go running with wolves, nor painting 'Ostrich Feather' on their walls. Since I do not know for sure what it is I have, I can do this stuff.....PN is not enough of a reason not to paint....nor run semiclothed with raw meat strapped to my behind and run with wolves.

I am far to cantakerous and ADHD to ever be fragile...I will go out running with wolves, or the mountain lion, which we really do have here....official DNR press release. I knew I saw one in 1990, and they all told us we were nuts....NOW, NOW we have one...they even tested the urine...yep, mountain lion...we have no mountains, so I don't know why he likes it here...must be good eatin'. Must hit the dumpsters on Friday nights after Fish Fries.

I did see a wolf, twice, same place up north of here about 100 miles....where we used to live......saw him twice, same place and same time, 5am on my way to MN.

Coyotes were out last week....in force....
my dogs were out at the same time, doing duty, and the dumb things didn't even see them and they were inside my lot line...prints were still there (no more---not after that last big snow---looks more like the dunes at the beach)....

Hubby saw them (he sees everything out there--my son has his vision, which brought him home alive from Iraq---they even asked him if he wanted to be a sniper---he said 'no'),

Anyway hubby ran out there, apparently unafraid of coyotes, because, 'yellow dog' didn't come back and was out of visual range in the dark....so he went running out to rescue her...the dopey boy dogs sat there all foamy and drooling for a bone because they did their duty. I have underground electrical fencing for dogs, so I dont have to worry....my dogs go nowhere.

They are hunting coyotes lately, so they are running all over. They must have decided to migrate to the woods near us...Yellow dog was fine, she came back....she just wanted privacy to go. At times I think she shares my issues.

We are under an uncharacteristically deep blanket of snow...going on 80 plus inches for the year, and our big snow month is March....gee can hardly wait...more coming tomorrow, plus a 3 dog night predicted tomorrow night. I dunno, somewhere in the actual temp of -10 range. Our lowest ever was an unofficial -60 actual temp in Rice Lake, WI....the official was a bit warmer, but I believe Rice Lake. Hasn't gotten that cold in decades, and likely won't unless the Atlantic Conveyor stops due to Greenland glaciers melting....

Boy I would love to be an archeologist in Greenland....it once supported 22 churches and a cathedral...back in the day, around the year 1000AD.

Bob---what is wrong with your friend......83 degree's cold??? Send me his pic, next time I get sick, and I will aim for IT.

Oh, and the quote for the day, which we all endeavor to live by:

Far better it is to dare mighty things,
to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure,
than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

Picture me with my paint roller riding a bike and toting a can of 'Ostrich Feather' Dutch Boy.... On second thought....don't.

Thanks for all your concerns....you can see, I survived with only minimal brain damage.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote