View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had the steroids once (2 weeks of an oral prednisone taper)

I hated the side effects (constantly needing to go potty, stomachache, the opportunistic infections, and the bouncing off the walls)

Having said that tho, the reason why I took the steroids was because I had vertigo. Vertigo that would hit me with no warning, and would knock me to the floor and wouldnt let me get back up.

Vertigo is the worst symptom of MS that I've had so far. (2nd worst would be optic neuritis, but I never got steroids for that)

If I ever get the vertigo back (and I'm sure I will) I'll happily take the steroids for it, as long as it's IV steroids, I dont want to do the oral again if I dont have to. (I wonder if you have to do the oral taper after having the IV steroids?)

As much as I want to take a steroid for the occasional numb sensations, I wont ask my neuro for any unless it's a symptom that keeps me from having an everyday life. I'm saving the steroids for another major vision problem, vertigo, or a paralysis of any kind.

I can deal with numbness and pain and the other wacky carp that MS gives me. I may go a bit mad sometimes trying to deal with it, but I want to hold the steroids in reserve for bigger problems.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote