View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well, there's a lot of venting today...sorry that all of us are having such a difficult time with the medical profession. It is a very frustrating position to be in, when you are perceived as a hypochondriac, when all you desire is an answer to what the heck is going on with your body.

Sometimes I just totally ignore what's going on health-wise with my body, because I am tired of not getting a definitive answer about it. And maybe there isn't one...some of my sxs can be tossed into the fibro trashcan, but some don't belong there.

And trying to get a dr. to address various sxs is frustrating at best, which you all can understand.

I was in tears in my DH's arms Monday, so sad that I am unwell, and not desiring this type of life.
Last weekend, I experienced so much pain. Friday, I decided to walk on the track at my health club. I walked 2 miles in 28 min., which is not far off what I used to do before my neuro sxs cropped up. That night we took my MIL to the ER for dehydration problems and were there for 4 hrs.
The next morning, I could hardly walk, I was in so much pain, esp from the waist down. It continued on Sunday, and finally went away by Sunday night.
I have been having choking/aspiration problems the last few weeks (see another post), and fatigue has hit me hard several days over the last 2 wks.
It could have been a fibro attack, or it could have been neuro. problems. Who knows?
My DH and I are going to Hawaii in four weeks. I get so nervous that something is going to go wrong. Last year, when we were there, I got a severe case of vertigo and then balance problems, after being in the sun too much. I don't want to ruin our trip, so I am scared...I know it's a nice problem to have, worrying about a trip to Hawaii. But you all understand. With neuro problems, one never knows what's going to happen.
I hope that all of you will be able to get some answers. Don't you wish that you could go to a web site, put your fingertip on a pad, and be able to get answers to all that ails you? Dream on, I know
Take care, everyone, and have a great week.
Debbie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote