View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 03:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Momz,

Tomorrow I will be 10 weeks post-op from left side full scalenectomy & neurolysis. Look back at my posts for the details.

The first two weeks were OK, then the nerves started to wake up and the hellish nightmare went into full gear. I've only really turned the corner the past week or so. I was told from the start to expect a 12 week recovery.

I haven't been able to type with my left at all, and found that simple things just like cradling the mail between my left thumb and index finger would trigger a major flare, even with all the Percocet, Lyrica, and Valium.

One other thing that would trigger a major flare is getting off track with meds..I've had to set alarms and write everything down to make sure I don't miss doses. It'd take up to a full day to get back on track.

So don't despair too much, I think you're on the right track. At least TRY not to use your right hand for anything weight-bearing for a day, and see what happens. You've had major surgery, and it sound like you've now got inflammation from doing way too much too soon after surgery.

For the scar, I HIGHLY recommend NEOSPORIN® SCAR SOLUTION® Silicone Scar Sheets

I used them on my neck after a similar size scar from cervical spinal fusion, you have to look REALLY hard right now to see it.

Marabunta. (writing all this right-handed, I'm on a Mac and made the mistake of buying iListen, which doesn't work at all.)
marabunta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote