View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
There are a few key points with your experience though joellelee.

1. You had serious adverse reactions
2. You tried different two drugs
3. You deliberated and became fully aware of the problems and benefits related to Tysabri, before making the decision.

If you can't take the other drugs, and you are fully informed about Tysabri, it sounds like an informed and good course of action for you.

That is not the case with Keri though.

Cherie
Keri sounds like she has done her homework.

Keri reports her neuro spoke with her about Tysabri before she started on Copaxone.

It's between Keri and her neuro, but ultimately, it is Keri who decides what treatment she chooses.

My advice is and always has been to research the choices and make an informed decision about what treatment YOU can live with.

While we all need some time to process the information we receive about MS, the learning curve is not as steep for some and more for others.

While some here might think Tysabri just popped out of the closet, it was in research and development for twenty years. It has proven science behind it. It's not the answer to everyone's MS, but it is another tool in the treatment box for all of us.

Whatever you choose Keri, we are here to support you. Take time to research ALL your options, including the alternative therapies. There are many here that do just fine on them too.

Your MS didn't just happen overnight and it's not going to hurt if you take more time to learn and understand the risks and benefits of each therapy.

I hope you are feeling better today!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (02-13-2008), FinLady (02-14-2008), Jodylee (02-13-2008), Kitty (02-15-2008), Koala77 (02-13-2008), SallyC (02-14-2008)