View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default TBI and Sleep Disruptions!!

I was 35 and in a major accident whereby I suffered traumatic brain injury. My amnesia begins somewhere in the 1980's but it's VERY sporadic. I have NO IDEA how my sleep patterns were before I had this accident, but I can tell you that after the accident .. its been a train-wreck!

My doctor now seems to believe (he's dealt specifically with TBI's for 15 years) this massive sleep disruption is due to possible pin-point seizures! I am going on the 20th of February to have a battery of tests done, but he seems to have been right-on-the-money about many other issues.

Until then ... I am on Luntesta. He told me that this, IN NO WAY, will stop the seizures, but until my tests are complete, it will offer a good night's rest. I have slept pretty damn good on this stuff now that I've been on it for about 10 days. There have been a few nights that were tough, but overall, it's been pretty good.

I'm hoping that someone who's been down a similiar road can offer me some comfort here. Life is tough with constant pain, medication & now dreadful insomnia. Can someone who's been down this road throw me a life-line?

Thanks!
Joe M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ACC_gal (12-29-2012), Brain patch (03-26-2013)