View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
Hi Nikmco,

I'm so sorry you didn't have a good experience with Dr. Sherry - thank you for your input. I realize everybody's experience is going to be different, but at this point we have no other alternative. Jesse has been sick since Sept. and the meds haven't helped at all. He is going to school on the recommendation of Dr. Sherry and I have to say, it's been good for Jesse, though at times difficult - mostly in the morning.

What are you doing now for your RSD and where do you have it? I hope that you find a way to reduce your pain. Let me know if you have any other suggestions for us - we're open to anything.

Terry
Terry, I am new here...my name is Tracee. I am 28 years old and have had RSD since I was 16 going on 17. Since my Dx I became self educated in RSD, For about 5 years I joined a few groups and became very involved in RSD awareness. Then I became tired and completely gave up. It wanst until I found out my rsd may have traveled from my Rt leg to my Rt foot that I started researching new treatments. Thats how I found this forum. Anyways, I would just like to say, (having RSD as a young teen myself) My parents and I were told by many Drs that I was to young for any kind of prescribtion drug pain relief and that PT and water therapy would be suffient. As a child in pain, with no coping skills and only my parents to lean on, you need to question the doctors...dont let their word be set in stone like theyre God. Because thats what my parents did and I am paying for it now. I do not blame my parents at all, in fact I put them on a pedistal for what they scarficed for me to get the treatment I needed. However, in the beginning they made me do everything the doctors told me to do. (arent we raise that way? Not to question our doctors)Pain does not discriminate so doctors shouldnt either. Adults are give medication to help their pain while children are left to suffer because they are to young. This is crazy. I know it is hard to make decision in the beginning, thats why I posted to you. This program may work and it may not. I am not familiar with this doctor. However, I urge you to ask questions, lots of them. If the doctor becomes offended in any way then walk away because he or she is not helping your sons best interest. A great doctor will answer as many questions as you can throw at him or her and not bat an eye. I hope this post made sense. I am not a good writer, I am great talker. LOL. I hope things go well for you, your son and your family. Tracee
Tracee28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote