View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Escobar and gman,

You are correct. And heck, everyone thinks their doctors are better than someone else's. The REAL KEY is as you said...everyone is different. But I will stand by my stance that the TRUE KEY is STABILITY. My NS did not guarantee pain relief but DID explain why I was not a candidate for an ADR nor a foraminotomy on my cervical spine. I am happy with the outcome. As for my own NS's (Dr. Kenneth Renkens) credentials; he along with Dr. Rick Sasso were the first to do the FIRST cervical ADR in North America. So, that was enough for me. Besides that, Dr. Renkens is called in when the Indy car drivers have head injuries...again, enough credentials for me. Is he the best? I think so...at least in the Indianapolis area. And if he thought for a minute that minimally invasive surgery would be the best for me, he would have stated as much. Instead, when talking about the ADR, he explained precisely and in no uncertain terms that I WOULD continue to have pain with it and why. So, yes, I trusted his judgement and am glad I did!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote