View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
It's just that the brickwall comes out of nowhere when I least expect it... right at the time when everyone is saying "How great I look and how well I must be doing". I have been the great pretender for years and have gotten pretty darn good at it. So when I hit the wall, you may ask, "What's wrong?" to which I will (with automaticity) reply, "Nothing, I'm fine!"... OR (this one gets funnier all the time) "I'm just tired."

I'm the same way - I do it because I don't want my kids to worry about me. So then, when something actually DOES go wrong they act surprised. It's my fault - I just don't want to complain all the time and I don't want them fretting over me.

My sister came down from VA last week and stayed with me. We had a death in the family and we had several days of non-stop going and doing. It wore me out but I was good at hiding most of the exhaustion. I felt like total crap the whole time she was here but never said a word. Before she left she told me "I'm so glad I got a chance to come and see you - I was worried over nothing! You're fine!" Grrrrrrrrr!!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote