View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 01:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Let me start off by saying what the deputy did was terrible and deserves whatever punishment is handed down.

With that said ~ put yourself if their shoes. Law enforcement sees the worst of the worst daily. They go out and deal with families who want a policeman to discipline their child because they have no control but when the officer tries to enforce the law the parents suddenly turn their anger onto the officer thus putting thier life in jeopardy. They deal with drug adicts that will do whatever they need to in order to get their next fix. They deal with liars, cheats, theifs, child molesters, murders...you name it they deal with it. I also realize they made the choice to become an officer but they are still human and make mistakes/poor judgement, they are no better than you or I.

Briefly trying to put their own problems to the back of their brains and following the law. We do not know if this deputy was dealing with any personal family tragedy but lets speculate that she was...have you ever dealt with family tragedy, gone about your day and not allowed it to spill over into what you are doing? If you can do this then you are part of the minority and hats off to you.

I am truly sorry this individual had to endure such humilating actions but step back and realize this deputy is a person first and a law enforcement officer second. Being an officer doesn't change the fact that she is human, behaves just like you or the person next to you at the store. Look at the story for what it was...a reflection of what our society has become.
bluz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote