Thread: ADD Coaching
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow ADD Coaching

Does anyone out there have any experience with ADD Coaching? Of all the reading I have done about ADD, they always talk about the skills and tools to help retrain or should I say use our existing traits to fit in in a non-ADD world, I can't find any such thing. I know there are ADD coaches on the internet but I don't see a lot of availabilty about people in real life that have that type of experience. I think it would be more helpful to me if I could see somebody in person. I started DBT because it has been touted that it can be helpful for that but I don't think so. Not when the counselor is just reading out of the book and can't think outside the box. I don't think I am going to continue.

I'm so frustrated. I just need help to get my world and my life orgainized and I am sorely lacking support in my real life. I qualify for a disability with the state for vocational rehabilitation but so far, they don't know squat either. I used to work in a relatively unique high pressure job, that no longer exists and when I tell people what I used to do they say "Wow!" It's an against all odds, kind of thing I guess. I'm intelligent and I am capable but as more and more time goes by I feel like I am nothing.

~Hope