View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Thank you Sandy and others, for keeping us all updated with this terrible news. You've no idea just how much the media in other parts of the world (like Oz) have over exaggerated this tragedy.

Even it's true horror, the media have had me thinking so much worse.

For every person who has a child, or knows someone who has a child at that uni, my thoughts are with you all.......
This is what my boys have told me. Four students have been killed. There were 22 shot all together. The shooter killed himself. He went into the lecture hall and used some students as a human shield and started shooting.

My oldest son was in class at the time on the other side of campus. They were in lock down. He got a text message from his friend that shots were being fired and that was all they knew. They were so scared because they had no idea where the shooter was. My youngest son was in his dorm. The lecture hall was where his church group used to meet up. His date tonight for v-day was in the lecture hall when it happened. He said v-day is canceled. :-(

Last edited by SandyC; 02-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote