Thread: Rsd ?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 12:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rsd ?

I am going to try to make this short... I already had a long version but I accidently deleted it So here is a short and sweet version:

I broke my 5th metatarsal in August of 2006. After 9 Months I had surgery to put in a screw but the bone fell apart and I had a plate and 4 screws "installed" I was in a cast for several months and in Oct. of this year I had another surgery to remove the hardware and the offending bone fragments.

This is a WC case by the way.

Anyway WC was about to do an MMI but I told the doc that it still hurt and he did an X-ray and did not like the looks of it so I had an MRI and the results were: Stress injury in all of the bones including the heal and swelling and bruising in the bone. The doctor asked if I had osteoporosis and I said I didn't think so but after several months in either a boot or cast I wouldn't doubt it... you don't use it you lose it !

I was sent to rehab doctors and he thought maybe early RSD " But he doubts it???? He prescribed Lyrica and PT.

I have been reading about RSD and I don't really have all the symptoms but something is definitely going on here. Here is a few of the symptoms:

Burning, stinging, zapping and tingling

Sometimes it feels like cool water is being injected into my foot

I still have discoloration where one of the bruises were.

I can touch my foot but sometimes the shower water will sting.

Of course I have the pain of the stress injury and the incision pain.

I can only wear one pair of my shoes because the foot is still swollen even though it doesn't appear to be from the outside.

The pain is not debilitating but I do have a very high pain tolerance.

I get an "inside itch" you know... the one you can't scratch

Anyway does anybody have any words of wisdom for me? I need to arm myself with info when it comes time to close my case. Thanks in advance
queen178 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote